HHR is seeking passionate leaders from across the country to join in our efforts to return hard working Americans displaced by disaster to their homes. HHR recruits exceptional high school and college graduates, talented professionals and dedicated retirees who are ready to commit themselves to 5-10 months of service that will meet the needs of American citizens impacted by disasters.
As an AmeriCorps member serving with HHR you will become a part of the growing national service movement, and have the opportunity to develop valuable professional skills with a dynamic organization that is pioneering a new model for disaster recovery. AmeriCorps members serve in virtually all facets of HHR’s operation, so you will have the opportunity to gain a variety of skill sets according to your professional goals. Typical AmeriCorps positions with HHR include Client Service Coordinators, Construction Site Supervisors, Volunteer Coordinators, and Supply and Logistics positions. Our AmeriCorps team members come from a variety of backgrounds and many are young women who see HHR as a safe and supportive environment for building a career in the typically male-dominated construction/disaster recovery industry.
MEMBERS SERVING IN A FULL-TIME TERM RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Monthly Living allowance of $1,263
- An additional $150 monthly housing stipend for individuals who have previously served in AmeriCorps, NCCC, or VISTA
- An education award of $5,815 upon successful completion of each 10 month term
- Eligibility to postpone repayment of federally-guarantee student loans during their service term. (The National Service Trust will also pay all or a portion of the interest that accrued during the service period.)
- Free limited benefits health coverage
- Child care assistance
- Valuable professional development and opportunities to further their career
- Potential opportunities to travel in order to respond to disaster events
We are currently selecting AmeriCorps members to serve with The HHR Project in Katy, TX.